Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scrubbing drip pans for the stove is a pain in the ass...

I can think of a few ways to spend my one whole hour to myself while my little one naps than scrubbing those wretched drip pans! However, it's got to be done and I find myself constantly using what little time I have to do silly things like this. When will I ever learn that sometimes it's necessary to just take an hour and chill? Catch up on some reading, do a drawing, write, knit, whatever strikes my fancy! No, I have a bug up my ass and everything has to be clean, organized, and pretty. Because I'm just that way.
Welcome.....I have been following blogs for a few years now and find myself becoming quite bored with the cuteness of how stay home mothers make their world look so easy and so magical everyday. I tryto be that way, but damn, I'm only human! I'm only one mother with two arms. How in the hell can you bake, clean, do art projects, knit, homeschool, feed livestock, read, and take time to photograph it all in one day??? I mean, seriously! My camera is lovely, and I love to take pictures of my kids, but most of the time it's collecting dust on my desk and I'm too busy BEING in the moment to realize that I have to snap a picture to make all the other Moms out there envy my magical life with my children.
Ok, I will get off my cynical horse now.
I am inspired to finally chronicle my true and honest thoughts by a few blogs I have followed lately. I think I may have found two blogs out of the hundreds I have looked at that I can finally sit and relax with - these people are feeling my pain, they are living my life, they know what it's like. They aren't sugar coating it and they aren't making it look easy. It's not. Life with kids is challenging and anyone who makes you believe that they are magically getting all the above things done in one day and having time to nurture their children are fooling you. I pick 3 things that are most important for the day and I stick with those things. Usually it ends up being 4 things because I can't escape washing nasty dishes and that's not something I want to put on my list for the day : )

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading this blog! and agreed....drip pans should be called drip PAINS. Cheers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hope I don't disappoint you! ; ) Thank you so much for your kind words....I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete